Monday, November 20, 2006

Parents

I understand where parents come from, and i understand they have a responsibility to raise us in a manner that is acceptable to society, but i just don't get how they think they're always right. Ok so i'm no einstein, but i sure as hell am intelligent enough to get my point across. For instance i noticed that a new session for boxing was available at the Y today, so of course it's been one of my ambitions to pursue an experience in boxing. I was totally excited when i saw an article in the paper. So I phoned the Y to get some more info so that when i told my parents they wouldn't have to ask if I phoned or tell me to phone and get some info on it. Instead I get told they don't get the sport and how stupid it is. Ok so it is a stupid sport. But it'd be great for my extra cardio sessions i need to put in, and the boxing sessions could be put on top of the other training i'm already putting in. I thought it would be absolutely awesome. So just so you know, I won't be boxing, atleast not until i come up with $30 of my own and pay off my huge debt i owe to my parents due to my skiing. Then they go on to say oh we have to drive you there, and i'm like but you drive Jeri(my sis) to dancing almost every night of the week, adn they're like that's different, that's the only thing we do for Jeri, and stop comparing yourself to your sister and stop being so selfish and pulling this oh poor me act. That really ticked me off, i really don't think i'm being selfish here. It'd be a great workout plus it's what i want to do. I'm not playing basketball for two reasons one is that i don't want to and the other is that i wasnt there for the tryouts. and i don't want to join any other thing at the school that i go to because i'm not interested in any thing that's going on right now. I'm really pissed about it. But any ways thanx for reading, LEAVE A COMMENT!

1 comment:

Tao's Mommy said...

Hmmm I'm kinda with ma & pa!! Boxing WILL hurt Morgan!! You get hit in the head, but on the other hand I can totally see you doing it! See if you can go to a class for free to see if you would like it...maybe you might change your mind. Just an idea!!